DEAD PIXEL! Need help fixing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
ok so one of my gifts for Christmas is a SAMSUNG 21.6" SyncMaster 216BW. It has a dead pixel on the left side of the screen. The method i tried using was a pencil eraser, with a paper towel, n i pressed hard on the screen in the spot with the screen turn off. I keeped the pencil there when i turned it on n nothing happened. I did it over n over n over again but no use, the black dote is still there.

any other method that actually works?? I dont want to have to return it n get another that may have more dead pixels.

i appreciate the help, thx.

Black would mean dead I think.
Costco should let you return it easily. Just tell them you didn't like it.

when you get it replaced,
MAKE THE SALES PERSON OPEN IT UP AND POWER IT ON
on the spot, just to check for dead pixels :)

worked for me before at CompUSA, dunno if it will for you

wha? U mean i cant say, "i have a dead pixel, can i get replaced?"

Tell them "I didn't enjoy this monitor." Then buy it again in a day or two. Make sure you mark the box so you don't buy the same one. A little black dot on the corner should do.

Tell them "I didn't enjoy this monitor." Then buy it again in a day or two. Make sure you mark the box so you don't buy the same one. A little black dot on the corner should do.

i can try that. Either way, i should be able to get it replaced. The dead pixel is on the far left but still annoying. Cant i say, "This monitor has annoying pixel on the left side that wont go away. Can i replace it?"

or i can just return it n pick um another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom