Dead Flash Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteFlare

Baseband Member
I'm almost certain its dead, but just looking for a second opinion.

I have a 32GB Sandisk flash drive that I bought 2 weeks ago. I use it a lot for work and used it last night at work and it worked just fine. Then about 2 hours after I got home, I pluged it into my computer to get something off of it and it made the noise that it recognized something was put in, and then it made the noise that it was taken back out right away.

I looked in device manager and there is a little yellow exclamation mark by the flash drive under "Other Devices." I right clicked and said "Scan for changes" and "Update drive" but it says that my computer has the latest drivers for the device.

I then went into my computer and inserted the flash drive again, and just for a split second, the drive showed up before it disconnected again. One thing I found odd was that when it did show up, it was slightly dimmed.

Here is a picture of it:

25fn7fc.gif

Anyone else think its dead? I still have the receipt for it on Amazon, and I'll call Sandisk on Monday because they are not open weekends (good customer support huh?)

EDIT:
Just tried it again and got his icon too. It switches back and forth.

14xgj8k.gif

It sounds like the flash drive is corrupted. I once had a flash drive become corrupted on me and it did similar things to this. Do you always eject the drive before removing it from the computer?

how do I run chkdsk on it if I cant select the drive? It only shows up for a second and disappears. Does not show up in computer management either.

i said try... if you can't do it then you can't do it... i assumed you tried other ports and such? also try it at your computer at work. if none of that works then rma it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom