dead fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
hi

My dad's computer has been making strange noises lately because of a broken fan. It has been on and running like this for about 2 weeks now. It is the fan on the PSU will this be bad for the computer if I leave it on when the fan is not working and how could it be fixed.

Well I would try to turn it off whenever possible because if there is a fan in your PSU and now it is stopped I think something will get too hot or even melt because I don't think they would put the fan there just for looks.

it can't really be turned off because I connect ti the internet through it so if it wee tured off my coputer won't have internet.

how could the fan be fixed so it won't wreck the computer?

buy a new cheap fan then take the psu out of the case and let it sit for about 3 days then open it up cut the wires from the dead fan about halfway through cut the connector off the new fan then splice it into the psu then close it up and try powering it on also try and get a fan with only 2 wires leading to a 4 pin connector (just makes it easier to splice) u can pick a new one up for about 3 bucks max

I might get a new one because I din't really think it's safe to take a psu apart

But my dads computer is really old so I don't know if a new one will work with it.

pretty safe just unplug it and let it sit for a couple a days i opened one of mine up tryed to put in a new fan but tryied it a dumb way tryed soldering onto chip board inside it should have just spliced wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom