dead 2400

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorKwin

In Runtime
Today I got a 2400+, brand new from some company called Macronet Group and I also got a Volcano 12. Great fan. Bad processor (this particular one). The 2400 doesn't even work. After I tried re-insterting the cpu a few times i looked at the die... it had a couple chips on it. If you look closely, near the bottom of the die you can see little white specs... those are the chips. Could anyone tell me if this could be the possible cause of the cpu to not work?

*Edit. I just circled the chips on the die.

Look at the cpu die. it's black and looks like it's fried. did you forget to use thermal paste or connect the heatsink when you turned on the computer? It looks like some serious damage there

yeah the chips don't necessarily mean it's dead. I've had a processor with chipped corners and it still works, because to some point it's just the material not any actual transistors. If it's huge chunks then you'd be losing contact so thermal conductivity wouldn't be as good. The cpu die does indeed look fairly dark in that picture like it fried out.

I just got the cpu yesterday brand new and I used a Volcana 12 hsf on it and i'm sure it's not heat damage... unless my product got confused while being prepared to ship or something. I have a series of four leds lights on the back of my case and they are connected to my motherboard and they are for troubleshooting. When they all light up as red that means "The processor is inserted wrong, or you have used a damaged processor". I'm 100% sure it was put in right... I also tried refitting it numorous times and still the same thing. I don't know why the die is so dark. It was like that when it arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom