DDR400 shows up as DDR333

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah this guy really has been brainwashed buy the intel bug thats like saying microsoft makes the best operatiing system and it never crashes its dumb to say that intel is better aloth you indirectly said that member amd doest quanta speed not just dual and its cheaper bords are cheaper and cpu is cheaper any way back to the subject ur bord probly only lets you run it at the cpu speed so check ur bios and try to manually overclock it

Deathangel, see my previous post.

They are BOTH using DDR 200. This means 200Mhz! Again, Intel uses FOUR cycles (hence 800Mhz) to read instructions. AMD uses TWO cycels (hence 400Mhz). Intel is "faster", but AMD is "more efficient". This means it takes AMD only TWO cycles to read an instruction. Intel can't do this in only TWO, it takes them FOUR times. However, because Intel is twice as fast at reading the instructions, this equals out the time for both of them to accomplish the same feat.

Guapo i understand what you are saying and it makes sense to me, but did you meant to say DDR400 not DDR200? DDR400 has a 200Mhz physical FSB, DDR200 is only a 100Mhz physical FSB.

dethangel you said "if you have the AMD CPU, the fastest you can run your RAM is 333MHz, as the FSB is only 333" what did you mean by that? some AMD processors run at 400Mhz FSB and a memory bus runs independant of the CPU FSB.

Guapo said:
Deathangel, see my previous post.

They are BOTH using DDR 200. This means 200Mhz! Again, Intel uses FOUR cycles (hence 800Mhz) to read instructions. AMD uses TWO cycels (hence 400Mhz). Intel is "faster", but AMD is "more efficient". This means it takes AMD only TWO cycles to read an instruction. Intel can't do this in only TWO, it takes them FOUR times. However, because Intel is twice as fast at reading the instructions, this equals out the time for both of them to accomplish the same feat.

not true, PC3200 is DDR400, 400MHz, dood, the FSB of the Intel is 400MHz x 2, not 200MHz x 4, youre wrong

ekÆsine said:
Guapo i understand what you are saying and it makes sense to me, but did you meant to say DDR400 not DDR200? DDR400 has a 200Mhz physical FSB, DDR200 is only a 100Mhz physical FSB.

dethangel you said "if you have the AMD CPU, the fastest you can run your RAM is 333MHz, as the FSB is only 333" what did you mean by that? some AMD processors run at 400Mhz FSB and a memory bus runs independant of the CPU FSB.

the processor in question (the thing that originally started this post) was more than likely only a 333 FSB, that would be why his ram is running at *gasp* 333MHz instead of 400, and yes, i do know that the new 3000+ and 3200+ have the 400FSB

Wow, you guys are starting to get off topic. The memory is running at the FSB speed, but it should be changeable. I don't know the BIOS of that board, but many MB makers have, in my experience, a way to run the memory faster than the FSB speed, but as it runs asynchronously, it often results in a drop in performance. I built a comp for a friend with a 2400+ and ran the memory at 400 Mhz on an Asus A7V8X, but it was slower than running the memory at 333. You might not want to increase the speed of the memory just yet, even if you can.

ekÆsine, thanks for pointing that out. In my haste I wrote that wrong. I meant to say they both use PC3200, which runs at 200Mhz.

Deathangel, what in the world are you talking about? Intel: 200x4 & AMD 200x2. I know you think Intel is the best thing since sliced bread, BUT PC3200 (or DDR 400 as it also known as) is only running at 200Mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom