DDR2...Bandwidth vs. CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano2e

Beta member
Hey there! I was wondering what you online ppl thought I should buy for my new system...basically I want your opinion on the RAM I am thinking about getting. Here they are:

OCZ VALUE dual channel, 533, CL 4-4-4-12
Kingston HyperX, 533, CL 3-3-3-10
other RAM, 400, Low CL like 3 or 4

Thanks for your help!

-Nano2e

if your thread is titled DDR2, because those are all ddr2 compairsons, then of course just get the lowest latency. but if u havnt bought any parts yet, FYI- ddr2 533, is exactly the same as ddr1 533, except i believe the DDR2's are more expensive with slower latency.(i think, i havent looked up ddr2 pricess cause i dont care).

ddr2 has a faster bandwidth I think...but i already have the mobo...I was just comparing the low CL of the kingston to the dual channel of the OCZ...I know that they are basically the same mem...but I was just wondering what the comparison was between near double the bandwidth or the inmproved latency.

I've been reading everywhere that it's not a good time to buy ddr2, you're paying an enormous amount more for a 2-5% increase in speed. So in the end you'd be laughed at for buying ddr2 because you can push ddr just as fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom