DDr theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
ekÆsine said:
yeah i agree dual channel mode would be disabled in all three memory banks. and do not worry about dual channel, it is just a hype. doesn't really improve much of anything. i would rather have more memory than dual channel. but since you already have 512MB no point to get more than that.

lol just a hype?! it makes your ram clock at double the speed, ie: pc3200 clocks at 400mhz normally, if you have a dual channel enabled board, a P4C with the 800MHz FSB, and 2 of the same size sticks of ram, they will clock at 800MHz, instead of 400, thats quite a jump, no hype, just numbers

and bleep i believe that is true, i think you have to have even amouts with the 2 or 4 slot boards as slots 0 and 1 cant be combined to creat channel 0, unless everthing is even, am i thinking right MB?

dethangel said:

and bleep i believe that is true, i think you have to have even amouts with the 2 or 4 slot boards as slots 0 and 1 cant be combined to creat channel 0, unless everthing is even, am i thinking right MB?

LOL! ..so complicated, but it's fun to ponder and learn about this stuff.

lol just a hype?! it makes your ram clock at double the speed, ie: pc3200 clocks at 400mhz normally, if you have a dual channel enabled board, a P4C with the 800MHz FSB, and 2 of the same size sticks of ram, they will clock at 800MHz, instead of 400, thats quite a jump, no hype, just numbers
i dont know about that i think your talking about Conventional sdram gets clocked once per cycle. DDR ram on the other hand gets clocked twice per cycle allowing for twice as much data to be transferred in one cycle.
When enabling duel channel mode that just gives a little boost although the ram is already ddr. Or you could be right but thats what i thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom