DDR Ram not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBebop26

In Runtime
Alright I have a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR and I am trying to freaking install some Patriot PDC1G3200+XBLK in DDR and its not working, Windows gives me a Page_not_found or something like that. It will also give me a Not_equal_or_less or something like that also. Can anyone tell me what it is, I ran memtest and it says one of them has errors, but this is a brand new pack of ram, I have four sticks of ram, all the same, and 3 of them are bad? Someone help.

-Ryan

Try booting into Windows with one stick at a time.

Its a long shot, but it is possible that you have multiple bad sticks.

Alright so I tried each stick one at a time, and 3 of them work, Windows starts right up. However am I missing something? It tells me to put it into slots 2 and 4 on the DFI mobo. Anyone else have a DFI mobo that can help out? Are there jumpers I am missing, bio's settings?

-Ryan

The first two need to be put into the orange DIMM slots, and the second two need to be put in the yellow DIMM slots. You've just said you're recieving errors on one stick so that is the bad one. Pack them up and send them back for another set.

All jumpers should be defaulted to optimal and usuable settings by DFI straight from the box so if you haven't switched any jumpers around you should be fine.

Alright, I put 2 sticks in the orange, it starts up but with errors. I put two sticks in the yellow, it doesnt even start up. I put one stick in 1 orange and one stick in 1 yellow and it starts up but in single channel mode. Single channel is slow, by how much?

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom