Ddr Ddr2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that 2-2-2-5 is better, but I could be wrong. You would think that DDR2 would demolish DDR but I have heard otherwise, could be anyone's ballgame.

Well this is tricky

For an Intel system, it's better to use DDR2

For an AMD system, your limited to DDR. However AMD still win's memory wise because of their memory controller improvements

you could think about memory timings as people working at a drive through restaurant, you place your order then wait for the food to be ready. the lower the timings are, the faster the computer *and quicker your order comes* is able to get data from the memory, and the faster the rest of the PC will ultimately be.

But the number of people at the drive thru is like mhz, so 400 people vs 533 people

*NOTE* I know that MHZ does not mean everything with ram, since my old ram is a quarter of the speed of my new ram, and it was 8x as fast. And i know that it's actually 200mhz for DDR but that's irrevelant.

DDR2 really only makes a difference when you are dealing with CPUs that have a very high clock speed (Intels). Otherwise DDR2 or even higher speed DDR doesnt make much difference at all when combined with lower clock speed CPUs (most AMDs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom