Data transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, lol. I'm not sure which are the good ones, I'll leave that up to you. Just make sure the one you get is compatible with your old HDD. For example, assuming your old HDD is connected through IDE (ribbon cable), get an IDE to USB one. Read some reviews on them or something. Just make sure the one you get one that will work with your old HDD. The only things you need to check is size compatibility and connection compatibility.

oh ok, yea i just look up the specs on the old HDD .....
4200 RPM 5V 1.0A DC 30GB ATA/IDE

so id want to find one with the IDE compatability then right

Correct. The only other thing is make sure that the enclosure is the right size for the HDD. If the HDD doesn't say on it, measure it to confirm. It should be 2.5".

Edit: I'm going to watch a movie. Hopefully all of this information will be enough. Cya.

not exactly sure what i am messuring, but there is no measurements on the HDD, i measured the lenght and it was just over 4" and the witdth was 2.75"

it is a Hirachi Travelstar HDD, looked on their website and cant find my model number on their website, however the website states that all of their HDD are 2.5" im just confused on which this one is

paul5003 said:
it is a Hirachi Travelstar HDD, looked on their website and cant find my model number on their website, however the website states that all of their HDD are 2.5" im just confused on which this one is

Hitachi**

Curious about what operating system you were running your dell. You will need to modify some security settings after you gain access to your drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom