Data recovery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helicopterman

Beta member
Hello, my computer recently got messed up and i was running ME on it. I couldnt get it to run properly so then i was forced to upgrade it to xp. My hard drive is partitioned into 2 drives, C and D. So after installing xp i thought i lost all of my data but i only lost the data on my C drive and al the data in the D drive was fine. So my question is , is there any way for me to recover any data from the C drive. Ive een trying to search but i havent come across anything helpful. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

sorry i guess my first post wasnt to clear. But what happened is that when i was running ME i had a C and D drive they were both on the same 100gb hard drive but they were partitioned at 50gb each and they both had data on them , all the windows files were on the C drive. So when i installed XP all my old data on C was wiped out but the D drive still had all its original data. So is it possibly to retrieve any of the data i had on the C drive from when i was using ME?

If you installed XP over the data then you probably can't get most, if not all of the data back, unfortunately.

It depends largely on the type of format you used when installing windowsxp.... whether a full-format or a quick format. A quick format only resets your File allocation Tables and the dat is actually overwritten as new data is addede. If you did an unconditional (Full) format then unfortunately you wiped all of your data. Only the FBI can help you after that.

You can try software like:

dos unformat.exe (boot into dos)
www.uneraser.com

etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom