here's what i found, it's pretty stupid if you ask me because what if you don't have access to another computer?
Installing Windows OS into the Serial ATA HDD If you want to use the Serial ATA HDD and install OS into it, please follow the initial step before proceeding to the next procedure. Initial step (do this using another computer)
1. Insert the Motherboard Support CD into the CD-ROM.
2. Insert a floppy disk.
3. Follow this path E:\RAID\VIA\/DriverDisk\SATA\
4. Copy all files and directories to the floppy disk(i added my thoughts here.... to do this type in wihtout the quotatitons,
"copy *.* a:\"
5. Keep your floppy disk ready. Continue the steps below. Please follow the steps below to install the VIA VT8237 Serial ATA driver
1. Boot system from OS installation CD.
2. Press F6 when the message appears Press F6 if you need to install third party SCSI or RAID driver.
3. Insert the floppy disk.
4. Depending on your OS, choose the device drive according to your OS.
5. Press Enter to start the device driver installation.
6. Run setup.exe (E:\RAID\VIA) after OS has been installed.
also, it looks like they made a typo in the directory of the sata drivers so if this directory doesn't work, E:\RAID\VIA\/DriverDisk\SATA\
then try this one
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Epox EP-8RDA3+ rev. 1.1
Corsair XMS 2x512mb PC3200 C2PT
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb
Maxtor Diamond Max 9 80GB SATA HD
Maxtor Diamond Max 10 80GB SATA HD
Lite-on 16x DVD/48x CD-rom drive
Lite-on 52x/32x/52x CD-RW Drive
Creative SB Live! 5.1 Digital
Antec SX1040BII Case
4x80mm case fans, 2 in, 2 out
OS: Windows XP Pro v.SP2