D-link router...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadahaf

Daemon Poster
My router has been fine till tonight....I left to go see a movie and my brother unplugged the router for some reason when I come back home I replug it in and I get a perfect signal but not internet. I reset the modem/router and it works fine but it seems to cutting off or not working at all....

Which model?

Cut the power to the modem and the router, wait like a minute, then plug in the modem until that's fully boot up, then plug in the router.

Works with my DLink Xtreme G router

Well mine has not been a problem for like 4 months its a 80x.11b x=a number I cant remember

I dont want to lost the internet (im directly connected to the modem) so if I unplug and all I dont wanna lose the connection ><

How are you AND the router connected to the modem? My modem only allows one ethernet device to be connected ...

cable goes to modem then router then downstairs server then goes to wireless cards

I'm currently on the downstairs server directly connected to the modem

well the internet on the server is fine and my modem is plugged to my router but on my remote computers I only get 8kb speed and I cant acess the internet from them ><

also I cant access 192.168.0.1 says server not found ><

do a hard reset on the router (stick a paperclip into the "reset" button while it's on, then hold it there for about 15 seconds, then release it, it should be resetted)

then unplug everything frmo the router and put them back on again

this will lose the internet connection for few seconds though

Kadahaf said:
also I cant access 192.168.0.1 says server not found ><
Sounds like your brother as fu©ked your router over.

Check to see if you hard can get any were with a hard reset.
Failing that, it's sound like it's RMA time.

Can you still see the other computers on the network?

Before you go the hard reset route, here is another option.

On the computer you have attempted to access the router from, check out your current wireless configuration. Right click on the wireless icon in the notification tray, and choose "Status". Click the "Support" tab, and check if your computer is getting an IP from the DHCP server (if you have dynamic ip). If it looks like you aren't, click the "Repair" button, and let it go through the repair process, about 30 seconds. If it comes up with a new IP for your computer, re attempt to access the router. Go through all of your settings, and see if anything is different, particularly the DHCP settings. If you haven't done it yet, be sure to set a non standard password for your router, and run some sort of encryption. Turn off SSID broadcast, and secure your network!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom