Customers PC's : Are like Vaccuum Cleaner Bags!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok, so i've got a new liitle side business now. A friend of mine owns a electronics (VCR'S & TAPEPLAYERS) repair shop in my town. Someone came in one day and asked if they service PC's. Which he doesn't. Basically she was complaining about a whining fan and wanted him to take a look at it. He calls me up and asks if I can come down and check it out. (Evidently he likes this women) anyway, I head down to the shop, 5 minutes from my house and open up the PC, and I started choking and coughing and gagging, DUDE... the inside of that PC looked like she had been dumping vaccuum cleaner bags in it for years. I could seriously scoop out the dust & debris with a 16oz plastic cup.
It was incredible. Her case fan and PCU fan were clogged solid and the system fan was ceazed up. LOL...

So, I told her the deal and asked her if she wanted me to clean it for her and told her it would cost $30.00. She could pick it up tomorrow. So she agreed and I went home and grabbed all of "MY" tools and supplys and headed back down to the shop. It took me about 2 hours to clean that sucker out. I ended up disassembling the whole thing down to parts. I went threw 1 1/2 cans of gas and I looked like I had rolled around in the mud.

SO... Since then I put a sign up in his store advertising, internal PC cleaning $30.00 per PC and explained why you want your PC clean and free of dust and debris... Since then i've been cleaning about 10 PC's a week... Nice little side cash... Easy work... Messy though...

Oh, yeah, i've also invested in some serious face masks too. After that first cleaning job, I came down with the worst cold. Sucked.

lol

I was working on my freinds PC, and it was soo covered in dust i couldnt find the CPU heatsink

Wow. That's cool. You should advertise PC servicing along with it if you are experienced enough.

You should have taken some pictures to put in your ad to show what can happen when you don't clean it. I've cleaned out a fair bit of dust, but nothing like that.

I read a story (on one of those bizarre PC tech stories web sites) about a guy that went to hardware store (the wood and nails kind) to fix a floppy that stopped working. The PC was in the garden section and turns out that the floppy stopped working because the entire inside was packed full of dirt and fertilizer.

God, I've never seen one that bad. I've never even seen one that you could not see a componet on.

10 cases a week at 30 bucks not bad that would be 300 bucks a week times that by four 1200 dollars extra as a "sidejob" that is nice for a months work doing easy stuff but nasty stuff. One quick question why did you use gas?

GrimReaper23 said:
10 cases a week at 30 bucks not bad that would be 300 bucks a week times that by four 1200 dollars extra as a "sidejob" that is nice for a months work doing easy stuff but nasty stuff. One quick question why did you use gas?

Use an air compressor with a good filter and empty it often and it's ALOT cheaper

One quick question why did you use gas?
Gas as in a can of compressed air.

Wish I had a nice little gig like that. Don't know any friends that work in such shops though :p Hell my friends are bums and dont have jobs at all

Nubius said:
Gas as in a can of compressed air.

Wish I had a nice little gig like that. Don't know any friends that work in such shops though :p Hell my friends are bums and dont have jobs at all

They are not bums unless they dont have a house :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom