Custom Gaming Machine - IDEAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Price tag on the AMD chip is 806.00 dollars... Not to bad compaired to what intel wants for chips that arent as sweet.

Anyway.. is it better to get 2 HD's that are equal in storage size for raid 0 or can i get a 80 for my os and app's and a 120 for my music and movies and stuff?

Just wondering if it works better to have identical drives or not. Never setup a Raid 0 and im pretty excited to setup my first.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
-AddictedSaint

it would be better to do a dual hard drive setup and run them in RAID1 or 0 but, if you have the extra money, you should at least consider getting 2x74.6Gb 10000Rpm "raptors" from Western Digital, they are AWESOME! of course run them using RAID1 or 0, that would make your system considerably better, not that it needs it :D. your CPU looks awesome, i would recommend getting this motherboard, i dont think there is better ram for the job, I would also recommend getting a Thermalright XP-120 Heatsink it doesnt come with a fan, but with the recommended fan, that thing would keep your CPU nice and cool :D. like everyone says, go with the 6800GT.

hmm if you can find a place to order one get the Abit AV8 "3rd Eye".... beyond amazing overclocking options :)

if you got money : I would suggest going all out. You'll spend like 2k or so but you won't need another comp for a long time :
Get a motherboard with 2 or 4 processor bays
Install 2 - 4 of the best processors out (AMD 64 something)
Make sure to install the max amount of DDR ram.
Make sure that the processors/motherboard have Hyperthreading technology.
Get a huge hard drive.
Get a custom case so it looks cool (I suggest any Viper case (check the tiger direct catalog for this month (its not on the site)
ATI seems to be the best vid card out there supposedly I dont know offhand but make sure you have at least 256mb (maybe some TV/whatever connectors too)
DVD burner/CDRW/CDR
Make sure your motherboard has a really fast bus speed.
Maybe max out the # of IDE drives and SCSI drives.
Once you get it up and running don't use IE use mozilla firefox, more secure... run adaware once in a while... keep up to date with windows updates and driver updates and whatnot... maybe even install a custom cooling system (with cooling liquid) and overclock everything... if you get that viper case it comes with a temp gage on the case itself (its so hot only 60$ too maybe more if you want the 4 processor motherboard).
Processors matter when it comes to gameing, so does ram, drivers, and you vid card(in my opinion).
If you get all that let me know... I'd like to see it.
If anyone needs advice on removing virri or adware or whatever or needs help you can im me on aim same username as this one : wead.
peace

Well just my luck. I change a few things around before i was going to order last night because i was going to order today. key words WAS GOING TO.

I changed out the 160GB and put in 2 x 120GB's so i can set them up in Raid Array 0.

I also added a 3.5 inch floppy to the computer 2 because of the raid drivers that need to be installed.

Funny thing is... NEWEGG.COM HAS BEEN DOWN ALL ****ING DAY..

Of course right? when i need something - i get screwed.

****ing NewEgg.

-AddictedSaint :beard:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom