custom aluminum mousepad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harnar123

Daemon Poster
I was thinking I could buy a plate of aluminum, rasp then sand the edges, then paint it. I was thinking of putting a texture coat on one side and a smooth coat on the other (both sides I would prime first). I would do this so I could have a speed side and a textured side. I was wondering what you guys thought and what would be the best way to do this.

6e8d0b027352de9bf409642ef4844d16.jpg

Ummm... yeah.

uuum what? how much is aluminum for a pound? I am sure it is not 33$. I am just trying to have so fun, maybe huff some pain (jk). O and I can have it what other color I want and not be all nerded out with neon green writing. Thought some people might be interested in the turn out but whatever...

Yeah I am interested, I was meant to do this a while ago but other things have come which have meant I had to put all my upgrades on hold. I was going to have one side brushed aluminium (textured side) and the other carbon fibre (smooth side) as I couldn't decide between the two to make the whole mat out of the same thing.

yeah, I just think we are getting so rocked for a mouse pad, usually I just say screw it, but wow. I am going to call some metal fabs around town and see what I can get, I was like 1/8 plate of aluminum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom