Crysis with 9800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
Well I went out and got the 9800GT last week and finaly put it to the test with Crysis 1

High settings cause major lag and no matter what settings the alaising (forgive the spelling :p ) is horable... so I got this game a year ago and used my 8500 GT's in SLI which wasn't as crisp as the 9800GT seems to be.. but Crysis seems to bring it to it's knees just the same..

If I OC this card will it, A. Void the warrenty, B. Burn the card out in a year like OC'ing the 8500GT did, or C. not make much or enough noticable difference?

Thanks!

Letter B if you go too far, and C..

Crapsis is the 2nd most overdemanding game out, and it just has a crappy engine... and what's worse is that 8800GT's don't handle AA very well, so you'll get a high performance drop..

Live with playing Medium or Med-Highw.. or drop the Resolution some

Can always use one of the graphical mods out there too, to make it look better without much of a performance hit.

Its a 9800GT...what do you expect??

And its loads faster than 8500GT's in SLI.

The original crysis wasnt coded too well but also requires a lot of rendering...so its pretty hard on graphics cards.

Overclocking wont do much...it may boost fps by 1 or 2.

It nails graphics cards really its only trisli gtx280's which can play at high settings and AA but you should be able to use gamer (second best) settings and no AA or x2AA but expect a 10-15 frame drop. I also assume your running a monitor that is 1680x1200

AA? I'm not sure what that means.. sorry I'm the old Newb.

My monitor is way awesome my girl (she rocks) got me the HP w2207 for
x-mas last year and it has the best picture I have ever seen.

Anti aliasing its probably what is crippling you as you should have it at 0 or x2 only with that card. Its a good monitor bit overpriced but good and if she bought it price doesn't matter :). Your resolution is 1680x1500 so my suggestions for settings are valid.

ah, yea the AA is bad even at med settings, when I first installed the 9800GT I tried setting everything Full High the AA x8 and yea it was painfull to watch :eek: :confused: :freak:

Live with low settings is the best choice.. its still good looking at Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom