Cruddy Performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

netwalker

Beta member
Ok, so here's the deal: There are a lot of games out there that I get pretty/really crappy performance on and I just don't understand why. My system specs are as follows:

ASUS A7n8x Deluxe
AMD 2800+ Barton (333 FSB)
Radeon 9800 PRO 128 MB
768 MB Corsair XMS ram (PC3200)

What's the deal? I mean I have great system specs and you'd think I'd be able to run everything on the highest settings possible (or at least the mid settings but not the lowest settings).
I mean, the components themselves are of really high quality, and I am starting to think the bottleneck is the motherboard.

I have ordered an ABIT Nf7-S. I am hoping that this provides much better performance in all of my games. Please give me any tips/tricks or troubleshooting information you have. Thanks.

ok, 1st make hsur all ur chipset drivers are installed correctly especially the agp. Try defragmenting ur hd also. And maybe u got AA at 8x and FA at 16x. put them to aplication preferance. hmm other than that i cant think of anything. Run spybot and adaware also

Do all of that and then make sure you dont have programs running that you dont want. Also the bottle neck shouldnt be the board. Asus is one of the best companies.

yo gameguru, how u likning the amd 64 3000+? what did u have b4? im thinking of getting a 64 3200+

They are so fast it is insane. I had a Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, no where near this puppy.

sweet, i gota 2400+ TB xp. Il get a good performance increase then. thats cool. And also u gona get a 64 bit OS when they come out? when they do, thats when well c the tru 64 bit performance capability :D

GameGURU said:
They are so fast it is insane. I had a Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, no where near this puppy.

Yep... The 3000+ was WAY faster than I ever expected. Well worth the money... In fact - I'd pay more than I did! :D

Yea, install your chipset drivers, it should be called something like 4 in 1 drivers or the likes. The 9800 Pro is like the best deal when it comes to ATI Radeon cards right now, so that is definately not the problem. My friend can play doom 3 at 1280x1024 on high settings with no lag whatsoever.

o c'mon agex what is this "isn't she cute?"

world's sexiest woman . . . deserves better than that, man

indeed. i think lots of people would agree with that. and the ones that dont... u get the shottie... or should we kneecap them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom