CRT vs. LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What CRT would you recomend? im usein an nec lcd but im affraid if i go back to a crt i'll get the bubble tub effect and i dunno if i can handle that!

Weazz - thy make flat crt screens, as in it still being a box, but the display has no curve to it. and its pritty standard nowadays so theres bairly a price difference.

hmm i dun think the monitor effects the fps does it? i always thought it was the video card that does all the work...
i dun mind it my lcd works fine for halflife and counterstrike and it saves precious desk space.

all monitors have a maximum refresh rate, CRT's have been developed to have much higher refresh rates than LCD screens
most LCD's can blur moving images quite badly, so for gaming this is no good
most LCD's are designed to run best at a certain resolution, any lower or higher and the image quality can get worse, in some cases making text unreadable

if u can aford one, i guess it doesnt realy matter, but that lcd is about 400 bucks more then its CRT counter part, witch would still surve u better in games.

for 400 bucks u could get yourself a 6800GT.

I have had a 12ms Benq ever since it came out and i have had no problems with it. I can't see any ghosting, the colours are great and it has a good resolution (1280x1024). Yes CRT's are good but LCD's are catching up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom