cross brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
ok is it possible to have an intel memory work with an amd processor? i have been told the amd athlon 64 fx-55 is the BEST processor around and that the Corsair Memory DDR (TWINX2048RE-3200) which is for intel is the BEST memory avaiable. can they work? and better yet what are the absolute FASTEST and OVERALL best processors and memory available now, money is no deterrent.

DDR is DDR. IF your mobo and chips accepts DDR, then by all mean, stick a stick in there and boot er up! Just try not to mix different brands like two sticks of different brand or speed DDR in the same comp.

Ditto. Athlon64 with combination with Corsair DDR dual channel setup. I'm going for 1gig myself this time (2x512MB DDR). RAM can be used in both Intel and AMD systems, thank goodness. Look at the latency figures and pick what's the fastest from that.

Not with Intel motherboard. An Intel motherboard is on socket 478 or T. The FX-55 runs on socket 939. You need to pruchase new motherboard for socket 939. About the memory, there is no such thing as Intel memory. Any DDR memory is compatible with any motherboard as long as the motherboard has support for DDR memory and not some other type of memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom