Crl, Alt, Delete....procces!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
Whenever i start up my computer i have to do crl alt delete then go into process and turn them all off becuase there are programs running in the background that are slowing my computer. Is there a program that will do this for me?

start|run|command|msconfig

Select the startup tab and uncheck whatever you don't want to run at startup.

raiden_nrl said:
Whenever i start up my computer i have to do crl alt delete then go into process and turn them all off becuase there are programs running in the background that are slowing my computer. Is there a program that will do this for me?

Not to my knowledge.

http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Look there for what services youve got running and what they do, how to disable them, and IF you should disable them or not.

That is- if you have XP.

cajun33 said:
start|run|command|msconfig

Select the startup tab and uncheck whatever you don't want to run at startup.

I wouldnt recommend using msconfig. Instead, type "services.msc" (no quotes) to avoid disabling required services.

I agree that services is easier to use, I just have lots of practice with msconfig due to many problems on last computer and think its faster.

Personally, I would recommend using both as some applications, when installed, start up as an application and not a service. But with both of these tools you'll be able to hack it out.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom