The Creative xfi crashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor.

Solid State Member
Hi all you techies out there, i have a majore problem with my Creative Xfi, ive tried everything from uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the drivers, still no sound. Im running windows xp 64bit pro and when ever i plug it in after 2 minutes windows crashes, then restarts.

Any clue on whats happening, it also gives hardware error mesages to, fresh install.

heres the link to my model.

Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 70SB109000000 - Better Music and Movie Sound, Made Easy

O ya when it crashs it doesn't give any report on what caused the crash. It simply gives fast blue screen of death and restart.

Return and Receive... a new one...

Best thing I can think of is a manufacturer defect.

yes i always remove the drivers before uninstall. Its sad its a great soundcard, when it worked, my mp3's never sounded better. Nothing beats 24bit encoding and openal.

sound card crashes my PC sometimes, disables sometimes on its own and have to restart to fix it, reinstalling drivers wont do anything.

Creative Labs need to fix their drivers badly.

Windows Xp drivers are rock solid and very stable, no crashes no static nothing.

Vista just sucks in the sound area, it doesn't have directsound anymore which is part of the problem. Haven't heard of any problems with XP64 driver either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom