Creative Audigy 2 ZS conflicting with Netgear GA311 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2005, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
Exclamation Creative Audigy 2 ZS conflicting with Netgear GA311

Subject says it all, if the card is installed or enabled from device manager then my GA311 network adapter constantly drops file transfers and Internet connections for the fun of it. The Abit VT7s on-board LAN card works perfectly however and I've tested a PCI D-Link network adapter @ 100M as well, that worked fine.

The conflict is not IRQ related as the sound card itself has a completely different IRQ to the network adapater and so does it's on-board FireWire controller. I have tried disabling the FireWire controller as well to no avail. When the sound card is removed from the motherboard or disabled in device manager the problems are immediately corrected. Would the fact that the problems no longer exist when the sound card is disabled from the device manager mean that the conflict is software related? For instance could it be the Audigy drivers or the Network adapter, or even the motherboard chipset drivers?

I actually have 2 of these GA311 cards and I have tried both in this machine - both have the problem.

Some of the other things I've also tried.. Disabling QoS packet scheduling on both machines. Setting the duplex mode of the GA311 to 100 Base-T to lower the speed from gigabit. Disabled the power saving features on the GA311. Disabled the Realtek LanPkt Protocol on the GA311. I have tried all available drivers for the Audigy and the problem occurs with them all, these include the ones on the CD that came with it, the 19th Nov 03 drivers and the 12th May 05 drivers.

All my drivers are fully updated on all devices, Windows XP is running on SP2 and all of the latest updates are installed. I have contacted Abit, Netgear and Creative about this issue but have posted here for some 'community' information!

Anyone had a similar problem or know of anything I haven't tried?

I've not mentioned above but it's quite suprising that I get no sound issues what so ever when they are both enabled at the same time, so it seems the GA311 is the only device affected by the conflict.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Forgot my specs:
Abit VT7 VIA PT880 chipset
P4 Northwood 2.53Ghz
1 stick of crappy Elixir RAM 512MB running @ 400Mhz
Sparkle 6600GT 128MB
Audigy2 ZS
Netgear GA311 Gigabit Adapter
Seagate PATA 'cuda 40GB and another 80GB 'cuda
Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1673S
adehh is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.