Crazy XP Stop Screen Errors. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggsalot

Beta member
Ok, now that I've cooled off after getting a 319$ series of traffic voilations today on my way to pick-up new ram for my laptop, (thinking this would fix the problem), I'm still getting the same error on my Toshiba A15-129 Celeron 2.4/512mb laptop. I've modded desktops time and time again, but this is my first mobile unit. Here's my problem, and I hope and pray there can be some resolution besides busted hardware.

Last Saturday I bring home the unit, have it on for 3 seconds after sticking in new PCMCIA wireless card, XP stop screen. I didn't care, since I was going to reformat to get all of that 'from-the-factory' junk off the drive. So I reformat to XP Pro, perfect, Install video drivers, XP Stop screen. WTF? Reformat again. Install all drivers, update BOIS, runs perfect all day. Next morning after I drained the battery, I shut it off, plug it into the wall, XP stop screen at boot-up. WTF. Now, I can't get into safe-mode, XP, or anything. So I re-flash the bios successfully, still get boot-up stop screen. It flashes so fast I cant get the stop error code. I go to XP setup (using XP CD as a bootable disk) and XP cannot delete the parition, and can't even access the drive at all. Than I get these stop codes:

0x0000008e (0xC0000005 and jargon) whatever. I look it up on MS's site, they said RAM. I go buy new 512 PC2100 DDR 266 ram, same problem. Cant get into windows setup, cant get into safe mode, can't get into windows. I have no freakin' clue what the problem is.

HELP

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Is it still under warranty? I would call tech support if it is and send it back to them. You shouldn't be having these problems

Re:

Hello,

Coincidence! I'm also experiencing this STOP ERROR message.

Strangely enough, it only appears when I login to two Windows XP accounts at the same time, then logoff the secondary account and switch back to the primary account. When the account loads again after switching users, I'm attacked by this:

STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X8054A832, 0XF42C06B4, 0X000000)

Very annoying. But I don't use the switch user capability much because I'm the only user on this machine. Still, I don't like an imperfect system! But I'm no debugger or dump analyst.

My research concludes my problem to be related to a driver. I'm sure my RAM is in perfect order. My system's second OS (W2k) handles perfectly- no problems there.

A 0X8E STOP ERROR Message (or 0X0000008E in long) is KERNAL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. The next parameter, 0XC5 (or 0XC0000005) is STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION. I'm sure this would boggle Mr Gates too.

RAM is usually the problem, so try doing 'trial and error' with it. You may also want to undergo the tedious memtest- http://www.memtest86.com/ , to diagnose any problems with your sytem's memory.

Thanks for the replies. I'm having similar stop screen errors, and its seriously just getting way out of hand. Seems like a lot of Toshiba A-15 owners have had tremendous issues with this box. I'll be calling tech support today and i'll work through the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom