crazy problem here!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilhelm36

Solid State Member
I just bought a MSI neo pfsiII, prescott2.8e, 1gig geil platinum edition(pc4000),thermaltake case xaserIII(tower). I put everything together no problem.I turned it on and you see the mobo logo and then starts beeping 8 times in a row pauses and then continues.It doesn't recognize my old dvd-rw(which is not truly old,only six to 8 months old),my old dvd-rom.It tells me atapi device incompatible.I put all back to the old computer Hp p4 1.6ghz everythings works fine.I checked bios every single aspect of it.And there wasn't any configuration error,so can someone tell me whats wrong with this pic? thank you in advance.

PS: ati radeon 9600 se 128mb.Also my old hard drive wouldn't boot in this msi mobo.Is it b/c Hp makes there own software limitations,meaning that you can't use there software in any other computer?

hey microbell,you are saying that but when i put that video card back in the old computer I have no problems whatsoever,as a matter of fact i played unreal tourn 2004 after i installed back in the old computer. Do you suggest anything else? thank you for trying to help me

wilhelm36 & MicroBell

In these cases i would remove back up batt. from MB and let it sit overnight or for at lease 24 hours to let everything reset and then try to reinstall it into the computer.
I had a problem like that in the past with a notebook computer and problem solved when Back up Batt was removed for 24 hours.

Let me know out come

Later

SSInc25 said:
wilhelm36 & MicroBell

In these cases i would remove back up batt. from MB and let it sit overnight or for at lease 24 hours to let everything reset and then try to reinstall it into the computer.
I had a problem like that in the past with a notebook computer and problem solved when Back up Batt was removed for 24 hours.

Let me know out come

Later

LOL :p :p :D

I'm sorry .. but i couldn't help ..it .. :)

Dude u don't need to take of the battery for so long ... The cmos cannot retain charge for so long ... A few minutes at the maximum.
N' u can also discharge the residual charge by shorting the jumpers ...

I would go crazy ..if i needed to take of the battery for 24 hrs everytime i wanted to clear my cmos :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom