Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cappy said:
.At 800 speed the memory had no errors.But at 1600 or Turbo the memory failed .
1 or both was not capable ot 1066 . So i had to RMA them.
The new sticks fixed the problem :) [/B]

how do i test this? Sorry for the double post btw.

to reset bio's,, there is usually a jumper, next to cmos battery,you will see 1 pin exposed,take jumper off say pins 1 & 2 and place on 2 & 3, remove cmos battery, on some boards you need to short pins in cmos contact, when you remove cmos you will see a contact point, looks like mini fork,,just take screwdriver and touch both contacts at the same time, again, that is if there is no "clear CMOS jumper" sometimes just removing battery does not clear cmos,if you need help let us know.
Bd

Memtest is run at boot on a floppy .Its a very usefull tool for new builds .I use it everytime i build a new system sense i had so much trouble on my first one .This tool would have saved me a lot of time had i known about it :) .Read up on it its very easy to use
MEMTest 2.1

Ok thank you.

Im really thinking i have a virus in my bios or something like that, how can i check if i have a virus in my bios without having to open up my case or something like that?

Uhh ok i downloaded it, but thats the program is in all french and stuff, i cant read wat it says :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom