cpuz says I have newcastle, with a winchester core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
cpuz.jpg

Do I need to flash the bios? Is that what is causing it?

Thanks Trif.

btw, that is a overclocked to 2ghz, from 1836.

it looks like you indeed do have the newcastle rather than the winchester core... The "technology" field shows the core of your processor, The newcastle is 0.13u where as the winchester shows up as 0.09u ... are you sure you got a winchester? Did the supplier perhaps give you the wrong chip? I have a winchester and it shows up as 0.09u, i didnt have to flash the bios for that.

EDIT:
I have noticed though that you are using an older version of cpu-z than me... maybe that version doesnt recognise the winchester... download a more up to date version and try that!

here is what I see on mine!

cpu-z.jpg

Next time push ALT-Prt Scr, it will copy only the window selected. Or send it to Paint and crop it real quick cause thats a big screenshot.

I was in a bit of a rush, as I had to go. but ill do the alt print screen in future.

yeah i upgraded myself after i posted earlier... 1.27 now with coloured text... ooooh :)

Hey Hygor not sure if theres an answer to this but whats the deal with everyone else spelling color- colour? and many diff instances of that? I saw it when I was a kid and would get totally confused every time. Is it another instance of American Moronic refusal to do things logically, ie- metric system, etc.

uhh, I don't think that not using the metric system comes down to 'moronic refusal to logic' :rolleyes:

col·our ( P ) Pronunciation Key (klr)
n. & v. Chiefly British
Variant of color.

Just like "Shoppe" is still used in some places opposed to shop. Simple differences in culture not idiocy in one over the other, yeesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom