CPU's and MOBOs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
when u want to build ur own computer... is there a slot on the motherboard for your cpu??? or do you have to like weld it on the motherboard (which i doubt) but i'm a freakin noob when it comes to building comps...and is there a computer case that is specifically made for certain motherboards??? :confused:

Wow.

There's a socket on your motherboard where the proccesor is placed. Most cases will work with most motherboards, just make sure you consult someone when buying to make sure your parts will all work together.

when u put all the cpu, motherboard, and ram, cd rom and all that stuff.. ONCE YOU TURN ON THE COMPUTER... WHAT APPEARS ON THE SCREEN? cuz i'm sure it doesn't just come with WINDOWS

Depends, if you have a hard drive with windows already installed on it, it will boot straight to windows, but otherwise, you'll get the bios, followed by a boot screen up to the point before your system recognizes windows. Of course you simply insert your windows installation cd, and off you go!

I'm familiar with what every component of the computer looks like.... i'm pretty sure i can load the WINDOWS cd from the BIOS... so why does everyone make it sound so hard to make a computer?

hey is there a way to "make" your own computer. Not just putting one together, I mean to like make your own mobo and other shit.

Ofcourse. You could make your own CPU+MOBO and other parts. Don't ask me how, though. Go to school and get a few jobs at Abit, Nvidia, Intel and AMD. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom