CPU Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

244MHZ

Beta member
plz help me..im looking to upgrade a little...i have a 244mhz cyrix prossesor and i want something above 300mhz...i ahve $60 and i was wondering if anyone had anything to help me....plz plz plz get back to me....email me at johnny@viskus.com

with your motherboard, $60 isn't going to get you anywhere, not even $500 for upgrading on your 244mhz comp will help (you can't really feel a difference between 244 and 350)

you're going to need a new comp.

well im not lookin to do anything big...just most of the things require a 300 mhz min so i just want less laggin on my old games

500$ could get him a complete system. Hell, 250$ could get him a decent xp chip, mb, ram, hd, cd-rw, and a decent video card.

For 60$ you're better off looking in the buy/sell section of the forum. Find someone with a duron 1.1-1.3 mb/proc/ram for sale. You're better off saving up 100$ and buying a cpu/mb combo from www.pricewatch.com. Duron 1.6 or something.

if you have them, post the details of your motherboard. Vendor, model; That kind of stuff...

senseless said:
500$ could get him a complete system. Hell, 250$ could get him a decent xp chip, mb, ram, hd, cd-rw, and a decent video card.

For 60$ you're better off looking in the buy/sell section of the forum. Find someone with a duron 1.1-1.3 mb/proc/ram for sale. You're better off saving up 100$ and buying a cpu/mb combo from www.pricewatch.com. Duron 1.6 or something.

Thats true, you could get a decent system for that price. Also, a 350mhz processor isnt good enough for much more than pong and microsoft word.

well its acctually a 1998 packardbell pc...it has a sis mother board with a 224mhz cyrix 6x86MX Cpu...160mb or ram and a 3.01 gb harddrive....the only cards i have are my basic sound card and my 54 mbps wireless card...im running window xp. umm....i donno what else...some basic shitty stuff....and money is limited im 17 and in school and cant seem to find work...if i had the money id be doing what I love 3d animation after i build a pc that can take it...if u can help me at all that would help thx again....

desktop6yr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom