CPU Temperature Sensor+Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalninjas

Baseband Member
Hey there, I have the X-Dreamer II and I was wondering if I could stick their little CPU Temperature Sensor in between the heatsink and the CPU? Also, I just cleaned (maybe not enough) the CPU and CPU Heatsink with a paper towel+qtips until there where little smudges that weren't very noticable left, and put on some Arctic Silver Ceramique thermal paste and now the CPU is idling at 42 which is WAY to hot (running a 2.8E not overclocked), but I moved the heatsink around a little to get the wires out from the hooks, so do you think I should clean it the CPU and heatsink again and re-apply it? Thanks.

use Isoprophyl alcohol to clean the CPU, and heatsink. will be available with any hardware store, as well its soaked pads are available (small packets).

if you arent older than 16, you might not be able to get it.

Rule of the thumb is,

once u've pulled the heatsink off the cpu die, do not use the thermal material (grease/pad) again, apply new.

so now it depends on you, if its intel based product, it'll live anyhow, if AMD (before 64 Bit) then it'll die for sure (if not, then wont start from beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom