CPU Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprooty

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I am currently running a P4 3.2Ghz (1MB L2) (not OCed)

Idle temp is around 50-55 (122F) and Full load is 65-69.

Now when i put this computer together it was fine for about a month then the Mobos overheat detector started going off everynow and then (telling me my CPU was running over 60C) so i took the CPU off cleaned the heatsink (stock heatsink) and put some new thermal past on (vantec thermal compound :confused: ) but it was still running hot.

Then i rememberd when i was shopping around for the CPU at internet sites one of the sites said something like "this CPU runs quite alot hotter than the 3.2 512 L2) so i went into the bios and set the CPU temp warning to 80)(Why 80? because Full load 69C and i dont want it to go off everytime my CPU hits 70C) and its been fine since.

But i just thought i should check with some people who know more about computers than me. Is this temp ok? and if its not what can i do?

(Currently have 1 Case fan since thats all my case supports)

That should be OK. My 3Ghz runs at 66 degrees under load. It's because the Prescott core is hot, but they're designed to cope with it.

i had a similar concern not to long ago about my P4 runnin at the same 55-60 temps. I went out and bought a canned of compressed air and gave my whole computer (including the cpu) a nice clean and now my cpu runs at 35 C Idle.

Quite the improvement, try it.

Cheers-

SHEESH, thats really hot, thankfully my Dell doesn't tell me the temp!
Anyhow, get an aftermarket HSF and a tube of arctic silver...

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom