CPU Temp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalky

Baseband Member
My CPU temp is 58 degrees C, is this too hot? What is the best temp to run at? Is a new fan in order?

2100+ Atholon
K7N2 Delta Ultra
512MB DDR ram
Radeon 9700 Pro

Thanks in advance :D

If you read Silesia's post, a few PC's had CPU temp's of 91C. 58 doesn't sound out of line to me.

hilowe said:
If you read Silesia's post, a few PC's had CPU temp's of 91C. 58 doesn't sound out of line to me.

hahahahhahaahhaha :lol:

Not that I am saying that I think it's all right.

[EDIT] Actaully, I am a bit worried about as the site has had constant computer over heating problems. Too Much Dust, Not Much Air, Very Tight Spaces, And Too Many People That Like To Throw Blame.

Thankfully, the site's IT Guy understands this. But you try explaining this to the managerial B!+C# that run the joint.

You CPU temp at 58c ; on boot up, or it this after it's been running for a while??[/EDIT]

As I remember that provided that the CPU is not over 10c hotter (?) than the case Temp, you are okay.

If you worried, get yourself a Volcano 11
v11a.jpg

Personally, I have gotten my CPU (athlon 1700) temp down to 25c

I have to agree with you Kboy. Anything beyond 55c to me on normal operation, and i start to worry.

and BIN that stupid aluminium thing on the front of the fan, I took about 10dBA from the total noise output of my PC when I did that. (but be careful of wires getting stuck in it obviously, if the fan isnÂ’t going round because a nasty flat IDE lead is sticking in it, it wonÂ’t help your cooling as much)

LV38_Eagle,
I am not that fussed about having the ultra silect PC. And I need that "stupid aluminium thing on the front of the fan" as my case is a cable nightmare.

The idea for cable ties came to mind, but not when i am changing parts every 2 months or so.

intel and AMD processors have entirely different temperature ranges. 58 isn't alarming, it probably means you have poor case airflow. you are not risking anything by doing nothing as normal operating temps are 50-55C.

to improve airflow use the proper amount of fans and correct airflow. a better heatsink and thermal paste would also help. myself personally i would just get more case fans and maybe check the thermal paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom