CPU Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagnozzi

In Runtime
Anyone out there know if the ECS 848P-A (1.0) is compatible with the celeron D 3.06GHz cpus?

I'd imagine its compatible, the intel websites say it supports 848P chipset, I just wanted to see if anyone else has this combo, lemme know! :D

Like Shumway said, check the specs for the board. There should be a white-paper around somewhere with all the supported/tested CPU's for that mobo.

Yea, I know, the motherboard specs go up to 2.8GHz Celeron D and I don't understand why...maybe its just that celeron D 345 3.06GHz wasn't available yet...should be fine, I'll post how it goes...

still, if anyone is running this combo, lemme know, thanks people!

Vagnozzi, you just answered your own question.. The board only supports up to 2.8ghz. I would not install this type of processor on that board, especially a ECS. Your board cant handle those types of speeds.

vagnozzi said:
Yea, I know, the motherboard specs go up to 2.8GHz Celeron D and I don't understand why...maybe its just that celeron D 345 3.06GHz wasn't available yet...should be fine, I'll post how it goes...

still, if anyone is running this combo, lemme know, thanks people!

a 3.06 ghz CPU is a "533" fsb CPU most likely as well

DJ-CHRIS said:
a 3.06 ghz CPU is a "533" fsb CPU most likely as well

If your talking about the celeron 3.06 then yes it's a 533fsb cause that's all they make for celeron D.

Codeine said:
Vagnozzi, you just answered your own question.. The board only supports up to 2.8ghz. I would not install this type of processor on that board, especially a ECS. Your board cant handle those types of speeds.

More than likely the board handle's more than a 2.8Ghz cpu,It probably had a couple bios update's by now and will handle just about every cpu for it's socket type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom