cpu runs hott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I would never, ever allow anything in any of systems to reach 70 degrees under load. I get pretty edgy once it starts hitting the 60s. I guess I'm just overprotective. :p

Nah...what processor you run Gaara...if that is an A64 then I would be edgey too...mine is a P4 so I don't even care if it touches 70C...that is cool for a 3.8 GHz one...HAH!

I have a bunch of different proccesors that I use all over the place, but my crown jewel is my P4 3.0Ghz at the moment. I actually just bought a Silverstone Eudemon temp/fan controller and stuck it in it the other day to try it out because I plan on putting it in my new A64 system that I'm building soon, but I don't think I'll take it out I like it so much. :p

I think the temp usually hovers in the 40s and 50s, although I have seen it jump into the 60s while playing games.

My A64 system that I'm building is going to be a huge overclocking, temperature controlled beast, I'm stick every heatsink and cooling device that I can afford into it. I think I may be overdoing it, but hey. :p

You should get a Tt Aquarius or Tt Big Water and put in car coolant. It'll give you really nice temps and you won't have to worry about frying your processor...

Yeah, I've been debating putting watercooling in it, I guess it depends what my budget will allow, but I would love to be able to put it in.

I figure some AS5 and a Venus 12 turned all the way up should do a pretty good job though if money becomes an issue (and I know it will :p).

Yeah, but I wouldn't sacrifice proper cooling if you're gonna be ocing...that is why I've waited so long to build my demon AMD Athlon 64 rig...waited for the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum and I hope it is available on the 24 of Jan...

Yeah, I think I've set the date to buy all my parts sometime in March, so that gives me a decent 2 months to build up some nice finances, and I really had taking the whole "second best" route when I know I can get something better, but I lack patience I guess.

I've also been looking at this Silverstone case which features a "wind tunnel" which I've heard really nice cools down things, but the case is so damn tall and I'd rather stick with a mid-tower in this closet room. :p

Well...for me...this is what I do...for max air flow inside a case. I get four Vantec Tornadoes along with a fan controller and turn everything up to full so you have this computer that sounds like a jet which hasn't taken off yet...think what happens when it is folding. I use a Pentium 4 and I'm happy with the stock hsf so I've had that hooked up to my mobo fan controller and boy that thing is cranked to max "safe" RPM which is 4700. I have my temps at 59C with AS5 and my p4 520 is oced to 3.8 GHz from 2.8.

Wow, that's a nice OC, and nice temps too, I've never tried OCing this proccesor much before, or any proccesor for that matter, sure I've done it once and a while for kicks, but I haven't tried anything extreme or anything like that, but my A64 is gonna be a different story...

Unless I choose some watercooling, I'm going to go with a Venus 12 at full speed, two 120mm case fans and one 80mm case fan, Northbridge heatsink (thanks Nubius :p), memory heatsinks, hard drive cooler, and PCI slot cooler. All of my case fans and CPU heatsink are gonna be controlled so I can turn them down and catch some Zs at night, and I even want to be able to control the fan speeds in my PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom