cpu problem, amd 2600+ wont read above 1.67 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

block

Solid State Member
My amd 2600 wont read above 1.67 and my 333mhz ram is only reading at 267mhz so Im pretty sure thats the problem but why is my ram not reading at its correct speed?

http://store.yahoo.com/pcmemory-stores/25pc33stoemf.html

thats the ram I bought 2 pieces so I got 512mb of it..

secondly I am using a 200 volt power supply and the comp has restarted a few times, does anyone recommend a new power supply or not?

Deadguy said:
Dude you know the awnser to this all rdyThat power supply has got to go.

but the ram says is 333 not 267 go to the link, is the ram a piece of shit or what???

are u serious? that my memory is staying low so it wont have to restart? damn..

thanks alot!! Imma buy a new power supply tommorow 300w ok? or has to be 350?

Re: Re: cpu problem, amd 2600+ wont read above 1.67 mhz

Oberjaeger said:
Do you mean a 200 volt or 200 Watt ps?

Have you checked the settings in your bios? It's quite common for some boards to set to a default of 133mhz instead of the 166 that you should have so you should try and set the memory and fsb frequency to 166.

i did it wont let me past 165

Yeah Like Block says, Check your Bios for the FSB Speed but Dude ya seriously need a new PSU!!! Make it 400 Watt, Why Not? Good Luck;)

I did check it, it up went to 165 133-165 and im asking if it aint going higher cause I aint got enough Power?

what happened to the whole power supply thing? why are you exchanging the ram now? its 1mhz, even if you were getting only 165 you wouldnt be able to tell...... at all. I dont even know how your computer turns on with a 200 watt psu, exhange that first and see if that solves the other problems.

ThirtySixBelow said:
what happened to the whole power supply thing? why are you exchanging the ram now? its 1mhz, even if you were getting only 165 you wouldnt be able to tell...... at all. I dont even know how your computer turns on with a 200 watt psu, exhange that first and see if that solves the other problems.

I got a 400 now but you dont understand the 1mhz thing..the computer runs in 3 system bus speeds and since my 333 ram is only reading at 267 my comp will only run at 133-165 which is the second or middle one and will allow my computer to run at 1.67 mhz instead of 2.00+ because it needs to run at 166-200. it isnt 1mhz its a whole new set of mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom