Cpu problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverxyoung

In Runtime
hey guys,

well i hate my asus nforce 3 mobo and i regret not spending 20 more dollars and instead getting a socket 754 2800+. First off, i can barely overclock this thing because the asus bios i think is all wacked. The temps are fine, 35c. second of all somtimes the HTT just wont stick and itl jump around ( atm its at 900mhz for my a64 2800+). third, its never stable even if i raise it only by 10 htt. Is it just me or does this setup really suck? i regret wasting 800 dollars.

Which model is it? Do you have 754 or 939? Which processor core?

I hate asus aswell, but i don't think that is the problem in this case.

socket 754 processors werent good overclockers. I had a clawhammer 3200 754, gigabyte k8nxp motherboard. If i tried to overclock fsb at all the machine refused to post. Didn't matter what settings i used. If you're going to overclock i'd suggest investing in a 939 system. The 754 are going to be discontinued anyway.

As far as useful information goes,

crank up the voltage to like 1.65 or 1.75 (im not sure what the default vcore for newcastle is)

downclock memory (as your instability could be caused from memory)

set the hypertransport to 3x (i had some issues with ht speed and ocing on my system)

Work the fsb up slowly by 5-10mhz increments. I noticed that my system would run more reliably when i did things slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom