CPU OC'ing Ability - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2004, 01:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

yeah I'm wondering if the guy put on ****ty thermal compound when I bought my mobo back in april cause I didn't know as much as I do now soooo yeah I'm wondering if it is running a bit hot, its at 64C today at full loud but its also 26C/80F in my room cause its pretty hot in the day =/ most people I think are in the 21C/70F range in their room temp. Its 24C/76F in my room right now and the idle temp of my processor with me just writing in the forums is 53C. I'm hoping with the new fan and arctic silver 5 compound will help cause I'm really now looking forward to OC'ing the 2500. I might look into getting the Thermaltake Volcan 11 or 12 too =/ cause I've seen mixed reviews about the coolermaster jet, but I'm gonna move the fan so it'll be sucking in air from the rear intake. I'm hoping for 40C but I think that might be a stretch. Should be getting it in a couple weeks so I'll keep it posted here =)

Closed Thread