CPU fan speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suxxorz

Beta member
How fast is the cpu fan spin supposed to spin? Sandra says it spins at 2909 rpm. That seems kind of low??? The cpu temp is a bit on the high side - 42c. It was only 34c before I moved it to another board today.

Also regarding that Speedfan program thing, what the does the Temp 1 on it correspond to? It was all over the place! One second it would give negative readings and the next minute it would give anywhere from 70 - 90+c readings. Should I be concerned???

*bump*

Does anyone know how fast the cpu fan should spin? Please, I need to know. I tried doing a search here and on Google but couldn't really find an answer.

Edited because I can't spell

what type of cpu is it?
42 C is fine 4 a cpu usually.
Also if you are concerened about heat clean out the dust out of yor computer if you have not allready.

It's a Duron 1.8. The heatsink and fan are flawlessly clean. I spent 2 hours cleaning them about 3 weeks ago. I know 42c is normal but it's a lot higher than it was before I moved it to another board today.

The temperature is not really my concern anyway. If necessary I would just take it off and reapply the thermal paste. I want to know if 2909rpm is low for the cpu fan. Shouldn't it be 4000 or more?

Suxxorz said:
The temperature is not really my concern anyway. If necessary I would just take it off and reapply the thermal paste. I want to know if 2909rpm is low for the cpu fan. Shouldn't it be 4000 or more?

Some fans on HSF's only run at that speed, and they get the job done. My Intel Prescott Fan on the hsf only runs at 2500rpm, and this thing has to cool my space heater of a presc(h)ott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom