CPU Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
Is the CPU fan supposed to blow air onto the fan or off of the fan? I ask because I have a stock HSF for a 3200+ Venice and it goes at 3000+RPM but when I put my hand in front of it, I feel NO AIR coming out of it.

Should imagine that it draws air down towards the CPU and out through the heatsink fins. Different coolers work in different ways though. You would soon know if your fan wasn't working right.

this question has been brought up so many times and I still have no figured out how people have such a problem with it.

The fan is supposed to blow the air DOWN onto the CPU...of course you aren't going to feel air blowing on your hand because the fan isnt blowing the air in that direction.

The only time you want fans pulling the air is in water cooling loops with a heatercore and a shroud so it pulls the air through the heatercore instead of trying to blow through it.

Well my CPU is running at 50*C IDLE and I just installed a 2400RPM ~96 CFM fan in the back of my case. All I have as far as cooling goes is the stock HSF and the back fan (and the PSU fan...).

Is your room temp high?

I just installed a rear 80mm fan in my case, and it dropped my idle by 5C, down to 42.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom