CPU Cooler question...... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Thumbs up CPU Cooler question......

I currently use the fan that came with my cpu to cool the cpu, I have also unlugged the fan which blows air into the PC from the outside to reduce the noise. I am thinking about buying a new CPU cooling fan which I hope will be quieter than the one I got now, don't get me wrong the one on my cpu isn't loud, but it can still make a bit of noise, as I am sure all of you people will knoe who have used a fan that comes with a 2.2 GHz dual core CPU.

The fan I am looking at buying is this one:

CPU Cooler Intel Performance Akasa

CPU Cooler Intel Performance at PC World - Buy cheap CPU/GPU Fans - CPU Cooler Intel Performance Akasa

Is it going to be a lot quieter than the one I have at the moment, or is it going to make not much difference and therefore a waste of money?

Old 01-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
muffin enthusiast
Default Re: CPU Cooler question......

maybe this one?
Scythe Shuriken Quiet Low Profile Socket 1366, 478, 775, 754, 939, AM2, AM3 Processor Cooler - Ebuyer

heres a review on it if you want.
Scythe Acoustic Sample and Heatsink Sound Levels - Shuriken SCSK-1000 FrostyTech Review

Old 01-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Re: CPU Cooler question......

I can't say I've used that exact model and without the decibel level, it's hard to say if it will be quieter. But chances are it will improve the airflow over stock.
Closed Thread