A Couple of Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something

Baseband Member
I've been looking around these forums for awhile, and I know now that you guys are very smart.

Anyway, here are a couple of quick questions-

1. I've been thinking of upgrading my comp (x800pro [and proud of it!Great card, just need to use the overdrive feature, doesn't void the warrenty, and get a the Omega drivers, they boasted my Aquamark3 by 9,000.] 2.8ghz 133mhz bus, 512kb L2, some sound card, 512mb Nanyu RAM, 18.5gb HD:( )- In order

1. Get another HD, around 160gb, whats the cheapest one out there? I was thinking a Western Ditigal.
2. More RAM, I'm not into OCing.
3. An AMD 64 3200+
Good choices?

Next

I'm thinking of gettting a laptop from Ibuypower.com Here

Its going to be for Flash and some gaming.

My friend has a Dell (don't laugh, I'm doing an essey on Big Name Computer companies) and its HD failed about a year ago. Its been making these weird grinding noises and when we go into the BIOS, it says HD not found, but the cables are connected. He says its a trojan or a virus, and I say it just crashed. His Mom went on the phone, and set about 3 hours on the phone with some guy from India. What can he do?

I have an ABS laptop that is essentially the same thing. Works great. I can play Doom 3, FarCry and HL2 with no problems.

Right now you have an Intel CPU, right? An AMD 64 3200+ will not fit on your motherboard.

Go to www.cpuid.com and download CPU-Z. Tell us what your motherboard is.

Or, am I mistaking you and you actually want to build a whole new computer?

LoL - "Your mom spent 3 hours on the phone with some guy from india!" Dude, ain't that the truth. I spent about an hour on the phone with the "Dell Indian Support Network" last week. All I was trying to do was order a (HDD mounting bracket - for a Dell 2350 case) The guy I talked to was RETARDED.

In an indian accent - "oh... so what you would be looking for is a HDD mounting bracket sir."

ME - "Yes that's right, a client of mine bought an additional HDD and I need to mount it next to the primary one."

Indian - "ok, sir, yes we have them in stock, please hold."

(25 Minutes later)

Indian - "ok, sir thank you for holding... what would you be needing now?"

ME - "A SHOTGUN AND A FEW BOXES OF SHELLS!!!!" Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

Needless to say... I finally ordered the part and mohammed thanked me for choosing Dell. Which I almost laughed at him... But, I didn't..

You can get some quality Corsair RAM for fairly cheap, and I would believe a Hitachi or WD hard drive would be good for you. If your really going to get a new AMD processor, you should wait for the Venice 3200 core when it comes out soon. The stock speed is pretty good, and you can overclock the crap out of it without any noticable thermal issues. I'm on a MAC so I can't open two windows at once for some reason, but I read the reviews for the Venice core, they overclocked it from 2.0 to 2.8 GHZ without heating problems since the STOCK heatsink and fan were enough to keep it cool. I dont know what the price is on it when it comes out. I'm not a fan of AMD since I dont use it, but based on what I've read, wait a while so you can get it.

" Right now you have an Intel CPU, right? An AMD 64 3200+ will not fit on your motherboard.

Go to www.cpuid.com and download CPU-Z. Tell us what your motherboard is.

Or, am I mistaking you and you actually want to build a whole new computer?"

Yea, I just want to replace the mobo when it comes time to get the new processor. Don't worry, those Venice cores should be out long before I'm ready to upgrade. Maybe one of those mobo/processor combos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom