A couple Comp Building Q's
ok i just wanna go over everything i have to do once my new comp is here so i make sure i do it right...
1) get the motherboard and put in the cpu and heatsink/fan on it aswell...
2)Insert ram into the mobo
3)Insert mobo into case
4) Set SATA hd to master and hook up power and sata cables
5) Set 16x dvd rom to master and my dvd rw to slave and hook in cables to mobo and backs of drives...
6)hook in audio cables from mobo to the drives.
7) make sure all connections are secure
8) Wire case make sure all fans are wired properly to mobo
9) Insert agp graphics card and secure
10) Turn on computer and enter bios set the comp to boot from cd drive
11)Insert Windows XP disk and restart computer..... Partition hard disk... install windows... and the comp is ready to be used
Its pretty late so im probably missing something... but idk tell me if something im doing is wrong... or if i need to add something...
thankyou for you help, Eric
Aspire X-Alien Case(Red)
6 Green LED Fans
Aspire 420W power Supply
AMD Athlon XP Barton 2500+
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
Western Digital 160GB HD (SATA)
Kingmax 512MB DDR4300 PC3500
Ati Radeon 9600XT 128MB