counter strike: source VST issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GageMW

Daemon Poster
for no apparent reason today while i was fooling with settings in CS:S and then running the video stress test i started up the VST and... WTF?! 3 big ugly error messages spun instead of watery blocks and stained glass of our beloved gordan freeman! it's only in CS:S apparently cause i haven't had any other problems, even with the amazing display of technonlogy in the bootylicious Nalu demo i already tried reinstalling the nvidia drivers ( i have a 6800gt) to no avail, submitted a bug report to valve, but no response of yet, anyone know of any solutions or have any ideas? i even tried downclocking and turning down the settings, but nothing :(

P.S. the only recent changes were installing/playing Rome: Total War and also the old but awesome Asherons Call :)

Some use thins CVAR in their launch options for HL2, but try it in the launch options for CSS.

-autoconfig

This will force the engine to go through and configure all the hardware settings each time it boots up. See if it works for CSS.

Take a screenshot and post it up.

Im garry's mod im having problems with big red ERROR messages instead of some stuff as well :/

I had that once before. I uninstalled steam and all the games but it came back. I then formatted and it went back to normal.

They had a patch a while back that fixed this, but someone yesterday had the same problem... I guess it's back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom