could i be over doing it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
well i want to buy a new comp and im going to make it. well the specs will be like
2.8ghz dual core Pentium D
geforce 6800 PCIe
1gig dual channel ddr2 pc5400 GEiL
80 gig seagate barracuda
or should i just down grade a bit to save alot of money? i play games quite abit but i dont know if i play enough to spend that much. but i do photoshop alot and surf the web and simply download and listen to music and have a million aps open at once.im only spending about 850$ for all this.

im thinkin of getting a 3ghz 64bit HT P4
512 OCZ ram pc3200
BFG geforce 6600 OC
same HDD and a 60$ cheaper mobo

the question is i dont now if it is really enough money to consider saving. when i could have a kick ass system or a decent system to save alittle money.

damasta55r said:
if you're building a new comp, you're missing the case, motherboard, optical drives,psu.

Also do you need windows? I always say, pay a little more now and then you dont have to upgrade for a awhile....you also cant have any regrets, just a little less change in your pocket...

go with a 6600gt over a plain 6800. will you oc that 2.8? if not get at least 3.0 -3.2 ghz.

i have all that already this stuff im listing is the stuff i can change that will be price affecting.
nah i have a corp. edition of windows XP pro. install it as many times cd key doesnt matter =)

well everyone was telling me to go with a 6800 over a 66gt idk why but thats what they said and also i think i am going to go with a dual core and i probly wont overclock the cpu because i dont want to void warrenty and its dual core what more power do you need? so im only payin about 870$ if i go with the BFG 6600GT OC ill be paying like 850$ its only like a 20$ difference but the x700pro caught my eye tho i doubt its as good as the 6600GT OC

i never could understand those graphs =( well i do but they never seems to help my choices because what people tell me not to do. always seems so far from statistics. idk if that makes sense or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom