could it be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

winblowz

In Runtime
Ok-some idiot pulled out my plug strip at the last lan party while I was formatting... Could this have actually have dammaged my CPU? Because after I started back up my system and went into the 2K setup it asked me if I was running an SGI or a PC... When I went to format using the 2K disk instead of just displaying "unformatted", it said "UNFORMATTED OR DAMMAGED" Now I freeze quite frequently, and sometimes I don't even start up-I get a never stopping process "verifying DMI pool data" and it just sits there. I was told that might be because if Hard drive dammage. Would cutting power during a format dammage a CPU?

thanks alot for reading, and any help

:)

very much appreciated
Al

No..i don't think it would damage your CPU.
Your harddrive could be damaged...try a low-level format from your BIOS and fix your MBR.

if u do a low level u dont need to fixmbr, because it will be gone. but I do agree, do a low level format. if you can't get passed the dmi pool data try resetting/clearing NVRAM

Formatting ur drive at a LAN party?
Not really the best place for things like that!

Sorry for being quite unhelpful!

np chadley... My C-Media sound chip just decided that it was non-existent on my motherboard.... I'm gonna have to give soyo a hard time about that. Another thing-my video card sometimes screams at me and my comp turns off... then it STILL screeches, so I have to unplug the video cable before it stops.... does anyone know what that could be?

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom