corsair xms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine that RAM not being compatible with the Ultra-D. Perhaps that one reviewer had bad RAM or a bad motherboard, I don't know. I have RAM very similar to that and love it.

I haven't got a Ultra D but my Lanparty wouldn't install XP when I had XMS in dual channel, took a stick out and it worked then put the other in after the installation. :)

Hrm, that shouldn't affect it. Thats what I planned on gettin 'XMS and Lanparty Ultra-D'.

Corsair isn't that great anyway. Diablo has an Ultra-D board and I think he said something about the XMS not working with it as well.

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820218062

That RAM is cheap but will OC well on most occasions (I say that because OC'ing is always luck of the draw) but if you aren't going to OC then it won't matter anyway, but with the Ultra-D board you can give that RAM the juice it needs to really shine

im not really into ocing. dont know how :)

so would i be better off getting a different mobo. was looking at the asus a8v. it has everything i need and is almost the same price as the ultra d

ive got Corsair XMS Pro, and its decent, but not great. OCs okay, but not nearly as good as other stuff

Soup - personally I hate ASUS....a lot of people like them and I'm sure it'll be fine for stock uses....I mainly hate it for OC'ing plus their tech support is crap....DFI has great tech support and two of the reps are even members who frequently post at www.dfi-street.com so it's really easy to get help.

The DFI Ultra-D board has a LOT of options in the BIOS, primarily the RAM settings, so it can be overwhelming for someone who's not used to messing around in the BIOS.

That TwinMOS I linked will save you $40 and will perform just as good....it has a cas latency of 2.5 instead of 2 like the corsair you want, but trust me the Cas latency doesn't play a significant role in performance...the two middle numbers do and they are the same.

Ultra-D + the TwinMOS I linked would be a good combo while saving you some cash.

yea, the twinmos are a very good choice

oh btw, the DFI board hates corsair and kingston value ram, not the XMS series :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom