Corsair XMS 3200CPT 512MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
I just got this, installed it, and I don't think it's running fast enough, first off it's still running at pc2100 speeds. In the bios do I change it to host clock? Tell me what I need to do to get the memory to run at the same speed as my system fsb. Right now my memory fsb is 266 and my cpu fsb is 184.... The whole reason I bought this memory was to get rid of this bottleneck.

Okay, obviously you think I am not capable of upholding intelligence. Honestly, I know it's overclocked, that's beside the point. I'm just gonna say screw it anyways, I'm selling this mobo and getting an Abit NF7-S2G. Thanks for your help(sorta).

lazerman said:
Okay, obviously you think I am not capable of upholding intelligence.
Where the hell did you get that idea?

The fact is that your motherboard does not support a module with frequencies over 266 Mhz.

Regardless of the fact that your memory is capable of reaching 500 Mhz, you are still going to see instability when raising the frequency above the limit (266 Mhz).

I was attempting to be sarcastic, but I see your point. With the NF7-S2G I will definately see alot better performance right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom