core i7 questions and setup advice please... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems the i7 isnt stable over 3.8 ghz.....also i believe that core temp, and real temp are offset +5 degrees cause the mobo says 42 and core temp says 47, i trust the board...

does this sound logical guys?

EDIT: how do people get 8700 cpu marks in 3dmark with a QX9770 but my i7 at 3.66 ghz gets 6700 ??

5.5 is the highest ive seen.

On air results havent been that good...but clock for clock performance makes up for it somewhat.

the weird thing is that, the board is set to beep at 60C and when i unplug the fan even in windows it beeps.....because the fact that there is no fan it gets to 60 pretty fast, makes sense right?

well....even at full load for like 5 staight minutes, core temp says around 68 and the beeping doesnt go off....therefore....its probably not calibrated right....

doesn't it sound logical?

all intel 45nm chips have messed up temperature sensors....

and i don't think there is an official TJ Max that was given out... so its hard to say what the real temperature is...

My Asus P6T Deluxe MB reports a CPU temp, and then I get core temps from RealTemp and Core Temp that agree pretty well with each other. The MB reported temp can be quite different from the core temps. I've found that the difference is a function of Vcore. That is, for a fixed clock lower Vcores have the MB reported CPU temp higher than the RealTEmp or CoreTemp ones, and for higher Vcore its the other way around.

Seems to be a useful thing to look at because so far, for a given bclk, my lowest stable Vcore seems to be the one where the Asus reported CPU temp = the RealTemp and CoreTemp core temperatures.

My Asus P6T Deluxe MB reports a CPU temp, and then I get core temps from RealTemp and Core Temp that agree pretty well with each other. The MB reported temp can be quite different from the core temps. I've found that the difference is a function of Vcore. That is, for a fixed clock lower Vcores have the MB reported CPU temp higher than the RealTEmp or CoreTemp ones, and for higher Vcore its the other way around.

Seems to be a useful thing to look at because so far, for a given bclk, my lowest stable Vcore seems to be the one where the Asus reported CPU temp = the RealTemp and CoreTemp core temperatures.

That was very confusing to read lol.

Nos whats the highest you've gotten your 920 to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom