Copying DVDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zerozero said:
I have a 46' HDTV at home and I compared the quality of the image from the original with the copied version of my movies and never saw the difference even at 16 X Zoom. I like DVDSHRINK because it allows me to remove unwanted parts such as languages, extras, menus etc... This reauthoring really helps lowering the compression factors in movies. In the (few) cases where I want to keep the extras, I'll burn them on another DVD and make the movie into a 2 disks set.

most people don' t notice the difference. a lot of people do. I do. and it don't make any difference what kind of TV that you have. the people who don't notice the difference, won't notice it, whether they have big screen, hdtv or regular tv

the was a big arguement last summer on www.dvdrhelp.com about this subject. most people didn't notice the difference, but a lot of people did. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

godsend, blood in blood out and the passion of the christ are perfect examples though

copy them with shrink and you will see an obvious difference. this is only on long movies for dvd shrink though.

dvd shrink can handle most movies fine

I have both godsend and the passion of the christ and there are no differences between either the original or the copy. But then again, the compression ratio is fairly low since I cut down all the crap like extras and unwanted languages/subtitles.

ok

I have both films in movie only mode with shrink. I notice obvious differences especially with the blotchyness of the darkness quality

I'm sorry. I didn't mean Godsend. I Meant

Man on Fire.

it like I said

some people notice. some don't

If you don't notice, it won't make any sense for you to use any other software.

I do

any movie I do that I don't like the quality, if it is a movie that I really like I redo it with instant copy

there is no wrong answer

I agree with that. When you make your copy with DVD shrink, just make sure you are deep analysing it first. This helps it a lot since it will put more compression on the images with less information such as cut scenes etc.... also, in order to decrease the compression ratio, remove any unwanted languages, menus and extras. If you really want them, make a second DVD out of those extras, that's what I do for the few movies worth it. My compression setting is very rarely below 80% which gives me no problems at all. I must also say that I have a progressive scan DVD so the image is a little better than on older ones. I can't wait for HDTV DVD though.... Now that's gonna rock.

Out of all the movies I make with dvd shrink I never can notice the difference on my dvd player

Truth be told, only the people who used the older programs actually notice the difference

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t211568.html

when dvd shrink came out, most people quit IC (instant copy) because it was almost as good, but way faster

before then their was dvd2one, which was as fast as shrink, but the picture was horrible. (funny thing. A lot of people claim to not notice the difference on that too. But you had to be brain dead not to notice the difference with that program. it was barely better than vcd)

back then, you use to have to choose between speed or quality. dvd shrink did away with that because it just as fast as dvd2one and the picture quality is almost as good as InstantCopy. Everybody could live with that tradeoff

By the way. when I use dvd shrink if the movie is between 5 to 7 gig long, I always use deep analys (remember I was use to the 24 hr conversion, so time doesn't bother me), and I always do do movie only with only 1 language, because I have no need for any of the extra stuff.

I trying to find my pc magazine that did a test on dvd shrink, IC, roxio, dvdxcopy so i can find the link on the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom