Cooling 6800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyboychuckles

In Runtime
I installed my new eVGA 6800GT a couple of days ago and it is cooking, usually idle is at 64-66C and load is between 85-95C. That's without OCing too. I know there are a few good choices out there for after market cooling, one being the Zalman 700alcu and the other being the NV silencer 5 rev2. I was also looking at the ThermalRight V-1 http://www.coolerguys.com/840556031116.html since i have the XP-90 and really like it.

I don't really like the Zalman, its mostly just personal preference, so my questions are:

Does anyone have anything for or against these two dealers www.epowerhousepc.com and www.performance-pcs.com? I followed all the "Where to Buy" links on Arctic cooling's website and those two are the only who have the NV5 in stock. I just want to make sure they are trustworthy dealers.

and

What does everyone think of the ThermalRight V-1? I have read some good reviews and the only negatives I see are the memory is not cooled and the fan would need to be plugged into the power supply and not the card. The review towards the bottom of the first link has some good info.

Thanks for any input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom